Thursday, February 18, 2010

Yellow

I've been helping a friend plan her baby shower; my contribution is invitations, decorations and dessert.
Simple enough right? Yes, but it has made me come to the realisation that I am completely and utterly obsessed with the colour yellow at the moment.
How it came about is quite simple, my friend and her fiance have opted to find out the baby's sex in the delivery room (I wish I could be this patient) so the baby shower was to be yellow to accent the fact that we don't know the sex of the baby yet.

I found myself making pom poms in yellow, designing invites in yellow and planning to make yellow cupcakes (maybe City from NZ cupcake queen will give me her perky nana recipe) and discovered that I've amassed a huge collection of yellow themed inspiration on my computer so I thought I'd share the sunny love with you

Decorations
Bee themed birthday party pom poms


Tissue paper pom poms tutorial and inspiration from The Martha Stewart Website


Beautiful fabric poms from Once Wed



I can't decide whether I like paper or fabric poms better but for the baby shower I'm making tissue paper poms in hues of yellow and white and mix them with some bunting



Invitations
I was inspired by this lovely invite from sweetbeets on etsy


So I designed my version



Dessert
I can't decide between cupcakes




or cookies




It all started with a baby shower and ended with a facination for all things yellow

P.S
As I'm writing this post I learnt that Felt has displayed my Felt like Friday selection and the theme is.. YELLOW!



Sunshine goodness and craftiness.

Emily XO